Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Resources

"Donated" necklace, store purchased seed beads and shell pendant, tree pendant made from silver clay, beach pebble pendant, and acorn pendant made from a shell and wild cucumber seed.

After looking at the picture in my last blog entry, you might be wondering how I came to possess so many beads.  Well, I’ll tell you!  They came from all over:

*The bead store!
*Bead catalogs and the Internet
*Leather, Native American, craft, Tibet, and second-hand stores
*Gem and bead shows
*Old broken necklaces
*Donations from friends who are cleaning out their jewelry boxes
*Garage sales
*Sidewalk finds
*The beach and woods (shells, rocks, seeds and sticks can be drilled to make beads)
*My own making (from clay, plastic scraps, etc)

I’ve been collecting for a long time, over 15 years.  Collecting beads feels somewhat addictive to me.  I’m a sucker for little, tiny, beautiful, and precious things (like sea glass).  String those treasures together, and you have a work of art!

No comments:

Post a Comment