Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Park Pins and More

Recent Additions

A few years ago I started to collect park pins from the natural places I visited.  I think my first two were the Bristlecone Pines and Mono Lake.  Since then the collection has grown to include cities, museums, and other landmarks.

On my recent fall color trip to the Sierras I bought 3 more pins to add to the collection.  I like collecting pins because they are inexpensive and small.  Sadly, I keep the pins in a plastic baggie.  I need to find an aesthetically pleasing way of displaying them.  Some people wear them on their hiking hats, but I think my head would be a bit too heavy with all these!  

The Collection

Some of my favorites include: The Great Seal of the Navajo Nation, Fermilab, Chaco Culture National Historic Park and Haines Alaska.  

Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment