Sunday, January 8, 2012

Setbacks

Large surf at Tennessee Valley Beach on January 5th, 2012.
I’m a week behind on working on my January Etsy goals.  Sometimes the unforeseen gets in the way.  Last Monday I decided to start the New Year with an updated computer, and downloaded Mac OS Lion 10.7.2.  Little did I know that my most important software (at least 10 years old) would be inaccessible!  I was so upset!  I managed to get most of my programs updated this week and my computer is almost back to normal. 

The only major disappointment is that I am locked out of my website.  I designed it with Adobe Go Live, which was discontinued in 2008.  If I want to update my website I’d have to undo Lion and everything else, and I don't want to do that.  It was time for a change anyway.  As soon as I get the Etsy stuff up and running I’ll create a web based portfoilo. 

The good news is that I’m ready to move forward with designing a postcard, business card, and Etsy banner with my new Photoshop Elements.  I’m so excited!  It will be easier with this new software.  So things are moving forward.

“The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.” – John Steinbeck

No comments:

Post a Comment