Monday, January 16, 2012

Cabinet of Curiosities



A couple nights ago I had a fantastic dream.  I was in a crowded place, perhaps a store.  I walked up to a cabinet filled with fascinating things.  There was a large box of toys, some from my childhood and some imagined.  Then I found some little self-published books by different artists, notebooks, and miniature carved animals attached to sticks, books of Buddhist poetry with golden binding, and more.  “This stuff is amazing!”  I exclaimed.  The best part was knowing that everything in the cabinet belonged to me.

I woke up filled with tremendous energy and inspiration.  It was 3am.  As I waited for sleep to embrace me again, I thought about this cabinet.  It seemed to be filled with all the precious ideas I've had over the years.  It was my artist’s wellspring.  Surely it was inspired by getting close to launching my Etsy shop.   I couldn’t help but think that every person has this wellspring, a cabinet of curiosities, where they have tucked away all the seeds and gems of a creative life.  For some it is buried deeper than others. 

So I’m wishing for those reading this, a magical dream tonight, of your cabinet.  May you awake feeling ready to explore all that fascinates you in this life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment