Thursday, November 24, 2011

Never Give Up

Little tripod = book pile (and yes, I read the whole series)
 
Yesterday I spent several hours taking photos, playing with lighting, and taking pictures of my jewelry.  All the photos were awful.  I wanted to give up.  I searched the web for “real” photography equipment and tried to justify spending money I don’t have on getting the best. 

Well, today is a new day, and I’m over that.  It would not be a wise business decision to spend a lot of money before I start making money.  And there is no reason I can’t take decent photos with what I already have.  This morning I remade my “stage” and will try taking pictures again.  With a little luck, the light will be better today too.  Do you like my “Stephen King – ‘Dark Tower’” tripod?  And, what kind of art teacher would I be if I gave up on my own project because I thought it was too hard?  If I’m to have any integrity in the classroom, I need to practice what I preach. 

Set up with my light filter.



No comments:

Post a Comment