Saturday, February 4, 2012

You Win Some, You Loose Some

The Keepers
A while back I was playing around with making clay pendants.  I bisque fired everything and they came out great!  Then I ordered some special glazes and fired them again a few days ago.  (I didn’t glaze everything).  Some of my creations came out beautifully others were a disaster.  Without going into detail, some of the pieces ended up touching each other in the kiln.  Ooops!  I had them on a bead tree (kiln furniture) on a thin wire, the wire bent and they touched things they weren’t supposed to touch. Also, I may have overloaded my bead tree because I couldn’t wait for another firing.  At least I know what my glazes look like.

What you see in my photos will not end up on my Etsy shop; I’m just playing around, trying to get to know the medium.  Tomorrow I plan to break out the clay again for round 2!  I can’t wait!

The Losers

No comments:

Post a Comment