Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Printmaking

Printed Clay Heart
Happy Valentine’s Day!  This year I made printed Valentine cards with my students and it was quite fun!  It’s easy to do, you don’t need be a kid to do this project. 


Above; buy a package of Crayola Model Magic clay (air dry).  Form it into the shape of a heart, stamp it with household objects (screws, nuts, marker caps, etc.).  When it dries, coat with ink and press your folded card on top.  It's an easy way to make lots of cards for all your friends. 

Below; either cut a small piece of Styrofoam (the meat try style) or buy printing foam from the art supply store.  Draw your design with a pencil and push hard.  Ink the foam, turn it upside down on your folded card, press firmly and remove.  I’ve made holiday cards using this method too. 

Foam Printing
When the ink is dry you can draw, paint, glue stuff, or leave your image plain.  Sign your name and send it off! 

I don’t normally share my children's art lessons here, but this is one that can be used by any artist. 

...Okay, I’ve got a box of Fanny May Meltaways to start working on…

No comments:

Post a Comment