Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine Collection



You might remember last December I blogged about my Christmas jewelry.  Here is my Valentine’s Day gear!  Seriously, I don’t wear all these things, but I keep them around for sentimental reasons.  Every piece has a story.

The felt heart above was made by and given to me by my grandmother.  She tatted the flowers and lace, and sewed a little pocket where I could hide a penny in the back.  It attaches with a safely pin.  I love its attention to detail and sweetness.  The little plastic heart next to it has been in my jewelry box since I was at least 6 years old.  I don’t know where it came from!


I made this little heart pin a few years go.  The dough is made from Wonder Bread; a mixture of Wonder Bread and white glue.  It’s still strong to this day!


I bought these porcelain hearts in Mendocino a few years go.  I love the swirly bits of gold and how smooth and light they are.

Lastly, I have some junky jewelry.  The big heart blinks when you push on it.  They are just plain fun to wear, especially when I teach.



What do you have?  Share some photos with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment