Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Winter Solstice

Solstice in the studio
 
My intent was to walk on the beach, meditate, and do some sort of solstice ritual today, but it didn’t happen.  Instead I worked at my computer, preparing photos for the web.  At first I felt disappointed with my choice, but as I lit my candles in honor of the returning light I realized that what I’m doing is perfect.  I’m filling a long dark winter night with creative work, that when finished may bring brightness to my life for the rest of the year and beyond.  I’m planting spring seeds.  May you all embrace the darkness in your own way, and plant some seeds in the fertile soil of 2012.  (Oh oh, I’m starting to sound like Chance Gardner in “Being There”)

Happy Solstice!

"As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden.”  - Chance Gardner in “Being There”

“I like to watch TV.” -  Chance Gardner in “Being There”

No comments:

Post a Comment