Thursday, December 29, 2011

Play with Clay

Clay pendants waiting to be fired in a kiln.
 
I’ve been getting into playing with clay the past couple days.  Just experimenting.  Mostly I’ve been rolling a thin slab and stamping designs.  There are so many things to try.  My technique is getting better.  It appears that waiting is the hardest part.  That is, waiting for the clay to dry a bit before I can work with it.

I’ve been walking around the past couple days feeling completely unproductive, until I took this picture.  It doesn’t look unproductive!  For some reason, a lot is never enough with me.  Every moment in my life not spent doing something creative is wasted time.  I know this is technically not true, but it feels that way.  I sense a new years resolution somewhere in that statement. 

Okay, back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment