Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mornin' Sunshine!



Almost every morning I make myself a green smoothie.  If I fail at eating well for the rest of the day (hopefully I won’t), at least I started the day out right.  Surprisingly, I notice that if I start the day this way I have fewer cravings for the bad stuff (sugar, fat, salty snacks, etc).  There are an infinite number of ways to make a green smoothie.  Mine contains: ½ a large cucumber, a celery stalk, an apple, a small carrot, 2-3 kale leaves, a couple handfuls of spinach, half an avocado, hemp seeds, spirulina powder, chlorella powder, cinnamon, coconut water, and ice.  All these ingredients are organic.  My smoothie will hold me until lunchtime. It tastes fresh and delicious and lightly sweet.  Everything get’s blended in my Vitamix in about 15 seconds.  Now I have energy to make some art! 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment