Sunday, April 29, 2012

Adjustments



This past week has been an adventure in eating adjustments.  I’ve been slowly transitioning myself to a vegan, gluten free, low glycemic diet.  After getting sick on pizza last weekend I decided I could not longer make exceptions to the diet and went 100%.  I hope it helps.  I’ve had increasing digestive problems for about five years now. 

I’m trying not to focus on what I can’t eat, and more on what I can.  Smoothies, salads, rice/quinoa dishes, gluten free baked goods and pasta are some of my choices.  It will take a little getting used to.   I must say that my stomach no longer feels heavy after eating, and I have lost a few pounds.  I can still eat my favorite snack, popcorn (topped with olive oil, nutritional yeast, and spices). 

If you have any recipes or resources for me, please pass them along!  I hope to get back to making art this week.  More to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment