Saturday, September 24, 2011

Baby Steps


I’ve been sick with a nasty lingering cold for the past two weeks and haven’t had any energy left at the end of the day for art making.  So, I’ve been taking this time to do a little research on a project that has been on my mind the past five years.  

I love making jewelry!  I can only make so much for birthday gifts and myself before going broke.  It feels like time to put some of it out there in the world, sell it (or try to) and at the very least, use the money to help me make more.  I could use a little extra income anyway; it would be an adventure, and hopefully just plain fun!

Pictured here is my meager stack of books on how to start a crafting business.  I just read the one on top.  One of the suggestions was about writing a Blog.  Well, I can check that off!  Except that I need to blog more.  As I read the author’s suggestions I realized that I have plenty of things to write about and just need to sit down and get to it.  So here I am.

Years ago I read about SARK’s micormovements, tiny little baby steps one takes towards a goal.  I think of myself as starting to take those steps now.  It makes a big goal or task easier to do.  Instead of procrastinating (and doing nothing for long periods of time) I’m making a little progress every day.

“All of my 11 published books, posters, cards, and company exist due to many thousands and thousands of micromovements all strung together. I think of the micromovements as tiny colored beads that have helped me be someone who lives in her dreams instead of only talking about them.” – SARK 

Here is a link to SARK’s web page: http://www.planetsark.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment