Tuesday, April 3, 2012

New Necklaces



During my recent block of studio time I got to work on those clay pieces I blogged about a month or so ago. 

I glued bails (the looped hangers) to the backs of the ceramic drawings with epoxy that is strong enough to suspend an elephant from a chandelier.  I threaded the bail with a silken cord and created my own sterling silver wire wrapped clasp.  I was so worried that the wire wouldn’t hold the cord firmly, but it does!  I can tug on the cord with all my strength and it doesn’t budge.  I completed 14 necklaces and then ran out of wire.  Doh!  This week I’ll order more.  

I’m really happy with how these are turning out and plan to start molding more clay shapes this week for future pendants.  At some point, they will be available in my Etsy shop.  I'll let you know!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment