Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chasing the Sun


We arrived at the ocean just before sundown.  Just in time to see Arjuna in his chariot racing Northward, perhaps off to some distant battlefield or that legendary conversation of The Bhagavad Gita.


The beach was gorgeous.  I told John “I’m heading south” and trundled off to a swatch of pebbles near the low tide line.  As the sun went down I had the sensation of being in a dream, floating in rosy glow, lost in the crash of waves.  I sang David Bowie songs out loud as I knew no one would hear me.  I found some large pieces of white glass and a few other treasures.  I could have stayed for hours, but it was dark, and we were hungry.  At times like this I am reminded of how lucky I am to live in San Francisco.


“When one sees Eternity in things that pass away and Infinity in finite things, then one has pure knowledge.” -Lord Krishna in “The Bhagavad Gita”

No comments:

Post a Comment